Cat5e Ethernet cables are one of the most popular types of network cable for connecting computers, modems, routers and other wired internet capable devices.
Outer Sheath Material
Conductor Strand Type
American Wire Gauge
Number of Strands
Size of Strands
Features and Benefits
• Connection to FastConnect products using insulation displacement technology.
• Coloured Sheath
• Double shielding provides high interference immunity.
• Designed for fast installation.
• Radiological resistant.
• Reliable in harsh environments.
• Consistent and reliable performance which offers maximum uptime.
• Durable and hard wearing due to the moulded kink protection.
• An installation cable for connection to an FC outlet RJ-45, making it a universal application.
• Flexible and suitable for narrow bending.
• Stranded 26awg (7x0.16) plain copper conductor with polyolefin insulation.
• Four colour coded pairs in a PVC sheath, which is colour coded for ease of identification in busy patch panels.
• Cat5e cables feature stringent specifications for cross talk and system noise. These Cat5e cables are ideal for networking connections between devices.
• These types of cables are also a perfect solution for structured building cabling.
• Cat5e cables can be used to carry telephone and video signals, in some cases more than one signal at a time.
When storing your patch leads, we advise that you lightly roll your cables into a loose coil, going with the natural curve of the wire. When not in use, we suggest that the cables be stored in a protective case where dust and impurities will not get lodges into the connector ends.